Tuesday, January 31, 2012

personal day

i finally know why working people put 'personal days' at such a high esteem.

personal days are not just a day off from work, but it's a day to wake up on your own time. To do what you want to do without other things bogging you down. To let your body recuperate from months of busy work days.

I know that's usually what weekends are for. But weekends are usually so planned. Knowing that Saturday/Sunday are there means that you stuff them full of activities, meeting up with friends, playing sports, shopping, going out of town. Personal days are an EXTRA day. one where nothing is planned and you can go about what you want/need to do at your own pace.
"the secret to success is constancy to purpose."- Benjamin Disraeli
I've been finding myself so lost in so many different things, and caught up in the routine that I've lost my sense of why the heck i'm doing the things i'm doing.

Personal days allow you to take a step back from life and really get personal with yourself. What have i been doing? Where am I going? Where and what do I want to be?

No comments: