Thursday, May 28, 2009

on the ugly duckling donut

I was standing in clinic waiting to see someone about my study, and i overhear the following exchange of words between a mother and her 6 or 7 year old daughter...

Mom: (holding a Tim Horton's bag that looked like it still had a lump of something in it)... so you see, you chose the beautiful pretty looking donut, and it was so gross you didn't want to finish it. When you really should've listened to me. I got a really ugly looking donut, but I knew the inside was delicious... I mean it was amazing, melt in your mouth, amazing!!

*
the little girl was giggling throughout*

Mom: ... listen this is an important lesson! Do you remember on the parent trap? Meredith was really pretty on the outside, but she was so MEAN and HIDEOUS on the inside! This is an important life lesson! I hope you remember this when you are choosing a boy...
little girl: okay mommy....
*giggles some more*

the little girl was like 7... or 8... or 9 TOPS...
anyway... apparently the story of the ugly duckling... or these life lessons can be taught through a donut... you can never start to early i suppose...

1 comment:

Rosanne said...

AWWWW....

so cute.
i've got a lot of respect for that mom. makes me rethink my views on guys :)