I was talking to kat yesterday, and she was asking me how long it takes me to get to work:
(disclaimer: conversation edited a bit, it was late, I can’t remember exact contents of what was said)
Me: ummm 40 minutes or an hour
Kat: oh! Why the wide range?
Me: its not really a range. I either get there in 40 minutes … or an hour
Kat:….
Me: pretty much if I miss one subway I miss the one that I need to switch to AND I miss the bus. So on good days, I’ll catch them all *bam, bam, bam*… other days I wait like 5 minutes for each. It stinks…
I’ve come to realize that when it rains, it pours. Once one bad thing happens, everything happens concurrently making one situation 10x worse than it usually is just because everything sucks around you.
Good days, are generally just good. There aren’t very many obstacles that get in the way of a good day.
Yesterday was one of those good days. I rolled out of bed@ 7:15 made it out of the apartment by 7:30 and to the office by 8:15 (okay, so 45 minutes including walking to the subway station and walking from the bus station to work :P) and was sitting at my computer ready to attack the day. Subways/buses were there waiting for me when I got the respective stations… it was great.
This morning it wasn’t great. I left my house @ 7:31. that ONE MINUTE made me slightly late for work. That ONE MINUTE was the difference between making it here at 8:15 and making it here at 8:35. here I am, NOT ready to attack the day, incredibly sore throat with mild headache. I am grumpy.
Not to mention it’s a beautiful day outside but they recommend we stay inside cuz of a SMOG alert. Not to mention it’s FREEZING in my office. Not to mention… okay things don’t suck that badly, I’m just grumpy.
When it rains, it pours.
No comments:
Post a Comment